MADA Winners 2016
The 2016 Making a Difference Award (MADA) winners were announced at MBC's National Conference on September 30, 2016 during our banquet dinner. The following individuals and organizations were recognized for their outstanding achievements, advocacy work and generosity to Multiple Births Canada and the families MBC supports.
- Calgary’s premier parenting education organization facilitating change that strengthens families resulting in healthy futures for children and their caregivers.
- Families Matter provide free space for play setting.
- Provides free parenting workshops to TTMAC members.
- Post-Partum Depression Support Program working directly with TTMAC MoMs.
Carmen Leibel & CTV Edmonton;
- Dawn Moffat, the ETTC 3, 4 or more Support Director, was interviewed to showcase the challenges parents of higher order multiples face.
- CTV Edmonton was also a large part of raising awareness of the medical challenges facing multiples while directly promoting support for a local family as they were faced with medical costs travelling back and forth between Edmonton and Toronto. The boys are currently 2 ½ years old and remain cancer free.
Twins, Triplets, and More Association of Calgary;
- Started in 1970 by five moms – grown into a Chapter serving over 500 families
- Equipment Loans and New to YOU Store free to members
- Partnership with Alberta Health Services
Durham Parents of Multiples;
- NICU Stocking Project
- Donations for Parents in Need
- Adopt a family – Children’s Aid Society
- Hosted 2016 MBC Conference & AGM
- MBC Volunteer for 12 years, Board Member 4 years
- Part of the team that started the very first National Multiple Births Awareness Day in 2005
- Key role in the 2008 Conference celebrating MBC’s 30th anniversary
- Coordinates the Newborn Outreach portfolio
- Responsible for the Christmas Charity donations
- Social convenor and plans member events
- Chairs Mom 2 Mom sales
- Key role in Fundraising
Join our newsletter