Become a Member
Membership with Multiple Births Canada is open to everyone - individuals, families and caregivers, or anyone who shares the interest and mission of Multiple Births Canada.
MBC has 2 types of membership: Membership Structure Information
Affiliate Chapter Membership - individuals or families who are members of an MBC Chapter. Looking for a group near you? Our Locate a Chapter page may help. If your local group is not listed here, email the MBC office at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Direct Membership- individuals, families or professionals who do NOT belong to an MBC Affiliate Organization.The cost is ONLY $10 for annual membership with electronic Multiple Moments magazine and E-News. To apply for membership, please complete the Online form here, You can make your payment with the Paypal OR mail in a cheque made out to Multiple Births Canada.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Free subscription to Multiple Moments, the electronic magazine for the Canadian multiple-birth family. Members receive a password to read articles online.
- E-News email subscription to receive the latest news, information and links from Multiple Births Canada.
- Access to the Members Only section of the web site, where you can download over 70 informative Fact Sheets for free. Click here to see list of Fact Sheets and other publications.
- Access to Support Networks for people in special situations (e.g., higher-order multiples, lone parents, special needs, breastfeeding, francophone, bereavement, support for fathers, LGBTQ, preterm birth, and adult multiples).
- Discounted registration fee for the Annual Conference.
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
- National Discounts on products and services and other special offers.
- Access to Canadian zygosity testing (see Zygosity Testing Fact Sheet).
- Advice and counsel on major health or parenting issues provided by the Advisory Board and other professionals as needed through the Board of Directors.
- Information about current research projects and opportunities to participate in research.
- Representation in the International Society for Twin Studies (ISTS).
- Representation in the International Council of Multiple Birth Organizations (ICOMBO).
Affiliate Organizations (Chapters) receive additional benefits, including:
- Access to the Chapter Executive section of the web site. Each affiliate organization is given a password to share with its executive members and volunteers to gain access to this section. This section includes many resources for volunteers to help run the organization and support local families. The Media & PR Guide will help promote your organization within your community. Also included is information for MBC Representatives and annual membership renewal documents.
- Permission to reprint material from E-News in the local newsletter.
- Permission to reprint all Fact Sheets.
- Listing on the national web site, including a link to your Organization's web site if you have one.
- Clothing and equipment sales posted on website.
- Free web hosting for your Organization's website.
- Event promotion via the website and Social Media.
- Referrals of new members from the MBC Business Office.
- Special offers such as promotional prices on books.
- Opportunities for volunteer and organization development.
- Opportunities to network with other Organizationss across the country.
- Information on resources available to parents of multiples.
- Information on fundraising.
Members and Chapters also benefit by having direct access to Multiple Births Canada's Directors, Chairs and volunteers. These people are more than willing to share their experiences, give advice, or just listen. Many have devoted more than ten years to Multiple Births Canada, and most have experience at the local as well as national level. Indeed, most got involved in the multiple birth community in the same way you did: first as a parent, and then as a support for other parents.
For MBC Members
For additional forms and reports available for current Members and Affiliate Organizations, please log-in to the Member section of the website. If you do not yet have a password, please email email@example.com to obtain one.
Join our newsletter