Father Support Network
Just for dads! The Father Support Network connects dads to share experiences and help provide support through the multiple pregnancy and parenting journey.
There are many physical, financial and emotional challenges for expecting and new fathers of twins or more. It can be tough to admit if you’re feeling overwhelmed, or to ask for help or advice, especially from somebody you don’t know. MBC’s veteran fathers have lived through similar experiences, and can offer some encouragement, information and resources, advice, and a few laughs along the way.
Volunteer fathers write a quarterly article in Multiple Moments magazine.
MBC publishes several Fact Sheets for fathers and partners.
- Breastfeeding Multiples and Fathers/Partners - Helping with the breastfeeding experience. You can make a difference.
- Dad's & Partner's Role - Hints and tips for the other important parent.
- Possible Risks: Part 3 Reducing the Risks - New October 2011 DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
- All multiple pregnancies are high-risk. This Fact Sheet offers strategies to reduce risk prior to pregnancy, during pregnancy, during delivery, and after childbirth. The article includes both practical tips and information about resources to support families with or expecting multiples.
- Postpartum Depression and Mothers of Multiples DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
- PPD is a disease, is curable and affects everyone in the family. Find out about the signs and symptoms and how to treat it. Did you know that fathers too may experience anxiety and depression after the arrival of one or more babies?
- Challenges of Parenting Multiples - Part 1 Couple Relationships - New October 2011 - DOWNLOAD FOR FREE Identifies the unique challenges couples with multiples may face, makes recommendation geared toward parenting multiples and deal with the challenges. It also suggests resources and articles to help parents of multiples nurture their relationship in the midst of this unique parenting experience.
- Challenges of Parenting Multiples - Part 2 Twins & High Order Multiples - New October 2011 DOWNLOAD FOR FREE Identifies the physical, financial and emotional challenges parents may experience; recommends ways to prepare for parenting multiples and to deal with the challenges; and suggests resources and articles to help parents make informed choices and decision about raising two, three or more children of the same age.
Browse the list of all our MBC publications. MBC members can log in to download any of the Fact Sheets for free, and receive a 20% discount on other publications.
To join this network, email the Support Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Support Networks
Join our newsletter