Preterm Birth Support Network
The Preterm Birth Network provides support to families whose babies are born any time before 37 weeks gestation. Membership in the Preterm Birth Network includes:
- Peer-to-peer support from families living across Canada, who have experienced preterm birth.
- Support available online, by email or telephone
- A variety of resource literature which focus on the care and special needs of preterm and low birth weight babies;
- Referrals to preterm birth connections and resources as requested;
- Confidential e-mail connection with parent contacts across Canada to help with preterm birth issues;
- Monthly (or more often) e-mail newsletter, to all Preterm Birth Network registered members – to subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quarterly article in Multiple Moments magazine
You are not alone; we're here to help. To join the Preterm Birth Network, contact the Support Chair person by e-mail at email@example.com
Do you use Facebook? Join the conversation about expecting or caring for premature twins, triplets or more in this private "closed" Facebook group called Preterm Birth Support Network of Multiple Births Canada.http://www.facebook.com/groups/pretermbirthMBC/
You do not have to be a member of MBC to join this group.
Below is a list of official Multiple Births Canada publications focusing on preterm birth and low birth weight babies:
- Breastfeeding Premature Multiples - I really want to breastfeed my babies even if they are premature. How do I go about making sure that they get the breast milk they need to grow and thrive? Very important information for parents wishing to breastfeed their premature infants.
- Breastfeeding Multiples - Pumping Tips - revised March 2011 (English & French available) - Pumping isn't always easy but this Fact Sheet offers solutions.
- Breastfeeding Multiples - Storing Breast Milk - revised March 2011 - Learn how to collect and store your valuable breast milk.
- Breastfeeding Multiples - Transporting Breast Milk to the NICU - revised March 2011 - It is important to know the correct way to collect your valuable breast milk and hygienically transport it to hospital for your babies' use.
- Preterm and Low Birth Weight (for parents) (English & French available) - An information guide for parents. Learn why preterm birth and/or low birth weight can be a problem and what you can do to reduce the risks.
- Low Birth Weight & Preterm Multiple Births: A Canadian Profile (for professionals) FREE DOWNLOAD (also available in French) - Best Start: Ontario’s Maternal, Newborn and Early Child Development Resource Centre in partnership with Multiple Births Canada.
- Possible Risks: Part 3 Reducing the Risks - New October 2011 DOWNLOAD FOR FREE - Tips for prenatal care, a healthy pregnancy, healthy eating, rest, knowing the signs of preterm labour, preparing for childbirth and parenting.
- Signs and Symptoms of Preterm Labour DOWNLOAD FOR FREE (English & French available) - Both Mom and Dad need to be aware of the signs and symptoms of premature labour. Recognizing those signs and acting quickly on them can have a huge impact on your babies.
- Biology of Multiples - revised October 2011 DOWNLOAD FOR FREE - OK, so we are expecting multiples. How did that happen? How can I learn more? Find answers with this informative Fact Sheet.
- Challenges of Parenting Multiples - Part 2 Twins & High Order Multiples - New October 2011 DOWNLOAD FOR FREE - Tips for coping with the physical, financial and emotional challenges of parenting multiples, including finding and organizing help, establishing a routine, nurturing relationships and nurturing yourself.
Other Support Networks
Join our newsletter