If you have or know of a multiple birth related web site, please e-mail us and we'll be happy to review it and add it to this list! The links are organized under the following categories:
Pregnancy, Infancy and Breastfeeding
• For Multiple-Birth Prenatal Classes click here
• Breastfeeding Help - Lactation Consulting Services Canada – great resource for any and all of your breastfeeding questions.
• Breastfeeding Inc - Information sheets, video clips and explanatory texts in multiple languages.
• Canadian Mothers - For Mothers and Mothers-to-be.
• Canadian Premature Baby Foundations
• Free Baby Stuff - Dedicated to new and expectant parents. A variety of free products, samples, contests, tips, and personal baby home pages.
• Healthy Canadians - Contains information and advice on a number of topics for pregnant women and those planning to become pregnant.
• La Leche League - Answers many breastfeeding questions.
• Low Birth Weight Ottawa - Information about the prevention of low birth weight and its effects on your babies, family, the community and healthcare system - sometimes for the life of your child(ren).
• Jumelle Multiple Births Resource Website - Multiple Birth: Prenatal Education & Bereavement Support – Comprehensive Site for prenatal information - Professionals’ Page.
• New Mother Registry - Provides new and expecting parents with resources and support.
• Preemie Help. - An internet-based information and community resource created by qualified preemie experts for healthcare professionals, parents, friends, and family interested in, or affected by, premature birth.
• SOS Morning Sickness - Everything you want to know about Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy (NVP).
Parenting - Fathers/Partners - Grandparenting
• Canadian Child Care Federation - A bilingual, non-profit, member-based organization committed to excellence in early learning and child care.
• Canadian Institure of Child Health - (CICH) – everything you need to know infant/child related.
• Childcare Canada - Childcare Resource and Research Unit (CRRU) focuses on research and policy resources, advancing a universal, high quality, publicly-funded, not-for-profit, inclusive system of early childhood education and care in Canada.
• Multiples - About parenting of multiples.
• Nanny Flower - Vancouver-based, completely free service that allows parents to connect with Nannies and Daycares in their area (across Canada).
• The New Parents Guide - Answers to many questions on parenting, shopping for kids and traveling with kids.
• The Parent Guide - Provides local and provincial (Ontario) information for parents through an up-to-date directory of programs, products and services for families and through editorial written by Canadian experts. Distributes parenting resource guides throughout Ontario.
• Talk About Twins - Offers articles and practical information on parenting twins. Christina Tinglof is the author of Double Duty: The Parent's Guide to Raising Twins.
Multiple Birth Organizations and Individuals
• For Multiple Births Canada Local Chapters Listing click here
• Bay Area Mothers of Multiples - Support for multiple-birth families in Burlington, Hanover, and Hamilton-Wentworth areas of Ontario.
• The Center for the Study of Multiple Birth - An American non profit organization founded by twins. Dedicated to research, education and public service.
• International Council of Multiple Birth Organizations - ICOMBO is a working group of the International Society for Twin Studies (ISTS).
• International Society for Twin Studies (ISTS) - - International multiple birth organization dedicated to improving the situation for families with multiples worldwide.
• Lethbridge Twins & Triplets Club - Support for multiple birth familes in the Lethbridge, Alberta area.
• Manitoba Families of Multiples - Support for multiple birth families in Manitoba.
• Mississauga Parents of Multiple Births Association - Support for multiple birth families in Mississauga, Ontario.
• Mothers of Super Twins (MOST) - American Site for parents with triplets, quads or quints.
• Multiples of America - National American support organization for multiple birth families.
• Niagara Region Parents of Multiple Births Association - Support for multiple birth families in the Niagara Region of Ontario.
• Northwest Association Mothers of Twins Clubs (NWAMOTC) - Support for North Western U.S. and area INCLUDING BRITISH COLUMBIA multiple birth families.
• Regina Parents of Multiples Association - Support network for parents and guardians of multiple-birth children in Regina, Saskatchewan.
• The Special Challenges of Parenting Twins & More - Loss, prematurity and special needs.
• Toronto Parents of Multiple Births Association (TPOMBA) – Support for multiple-birth families in Toronto, Ontario and area.
• Vancouver Island Multiple Births Association - Support for multiple-birth families on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
Multiple Birth Related Sites
Health Related Sites
• Canadian Paediatrics Society - Bilingual and sectioned into two areas; one for professionals and one for parents.
• Caring for Kids - Child health information from Canada's leading paediatric experts.
• CDC: Assisted Reproductive Technology – Information for assisted reproduction techniques.
• CDC: Growthcharts - Centre for Disease Control in US has this great section with revised growth charts - breastfed babies are taken into consideration.
• Help for Depression - Provides a very comprehensive explanation of the various approaches and treatments for depression as a critical starting point for individuals and/or their loved ones.
• Infertility Awareness Association of Canada (IAAC) - A national organization, providing educational material, support and assistance to individuals and couples who are experiencing the anguish of infertility.
• The Infertility Network (IN) - is an independent, registered Canadian charity which strives to provide support and information to help people make informed choices about their family-building options.
• Life with New Baby - Canadian resource and support for Postpartum Mood Disorder.
• Monoamniotic - This support site was created by volunteers, parents, and expecting parents that have been diagnosed with a monoamniotic pregnancy.
• Motherisk - To provide authoritative information and guidance to pregnant or lactating patients and their health care providers regarding the fetal risks associated with drug, chemical, infection, disease and radiation exposure(s) during pregnancy
• Pacific Post Partum Support Society - Support for fathers/partners whose partners suffer from PPMD (Postpartum Mood Disorder)
• Perinatal Mood Disorders Awareness Ltd. - A National Non-profit organization devoted to increasing awareness and resources for Postpartum Depression and Perinatal Mood Disorders. Our mandate is to fill the gap, and connect sufferers of Perinatal mood disorders to service providers. Our website features information about Postpartum Depression and Perinatal mood disorders, Links to resources across Canada, Book resources, Events, Personal stories, a Forum, Articles, Blog and so much more.
• Postpartum Support International - Leading support organization in the field, lists contacts and organizations worldwide.
• Respiratory Syncytial Virus - Information and tools on respiratory syncytial virus.
• Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) – Obstetrical and gynecological information
• TTTS Foundation - Everything you need to know about this syndrome.
• Women's Health Matters - Canada's most trusted source of information, news and research findings on women's health.
Infant, Toddler and Child Safety
• Transport Canada Safety – Safety in the car and school bus.
• Safe Kids Canada – Keeping your kids safe.
• Canadian Toy Testing Council - Testing toys to help you make good toy purchases. Toys are tested by Canadian children in everyday settings, to assess design, function, durability and play value.
• Hotel Fun 4 Kids – Great site with hints and tips for travelling with kids by car, by plane, by train - Pick Kid Friendly Hotels
• Center for Loss in Multiple Birth (CLIMB) - Support for families losing, one more or all of their multiple birth babies.
• The Canadian Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths (SIDS) - information about SIDS, memorial site.
• Twinless Twins – Support for adult surviving co-multiples.
• PAIL Network | Pregnancy and Infant Loss Network Canada - PAIL network is an organization of volunteers who support families who have suffered pregnancy and infant loss. We achieve this through education, peer and telephone support. There is no fee for service for a bereaved parent.
Multiple Birth Shopping (and other neat stuff!)
• Baby Age - Find thousands of baby products and accessories in stock and ready to ship.
• The Baby Buddy - Canadian Site offering a Twin Nursing Pillow in your choice of a variety of 'delicious' fabrics
• Bosom Babies - Canadian site - Ships mothering and breastfeeding products all over the world. Products include the EZ-2-Nurse Twins nursing pillow.
• Childharness - Canadian site - These harnesses are for new walkers as young as 7months, toddlers, pre-schoolers and older and/or special needs children. Perfect for multiple children that like to wander if different directions.
• Cuddle Karrier - Canadian site - Designed so that one parent/caregiver can carry two babies or two parents/caregivers can carry one baby each. They offer parents of multiple birth children a discount on the Cuddle Karrier...the World's Top Rated Baby Carrier.
• Cloth Diaper Kids - They carry FuzziBunz pocket diapers as well as a full selection of Bummis prefold diapers and diapering accessories. We also offer a large selection of other eco-friendly products for Mom and Baby: amber teething necklaces, baby slings, natural stretch mark and diaper rash balms, leather bibs and more. Multiple Births Canada member discount
• Dopplers to Diapers - Doppler rental for home use promotes reassurance, delight, and early bonding in first time, high risk, and/or pregnancies of multiples. Dopplers to Diapers is a Canadian owned and operated company. They ship anywhere in Canada.
• www.doubleblessings.com - Double Blessings - Offering the "EZ-2-Nurse Twins" Nursing Pillow
• www.thedreambag.ca - The Dream Bag is now in Canada - manufactured by The Baby Sleeping Bag Company it is a European-style baby sleeping bag that cannot be kicked off in the middle of the night, so the baby does not get cold. The bag is offered in a variety of togs from 0.5 to 2.5 so parents have a choice of lighter material for warm weather or heavy material for colder weather.
• www.educationaltoysplanet.com - Educational Toys Planet - A world of toys, games, crafts, puzzles, to encourage the kid's curiosity, discovery, and creativity
• www.Learn2swimSuits.com - Innovative swimsuits in various prints to help your children when they are learning to swim
• www.littlesmarties.com - Little Smarties Educational Toy Store - Including Leap Frog and Baby BumbleBee Educational Toys and DVDs. Free shipping provided with every purchase - Educational Toys for the Little Smarties in your life
• www.josie.lovablelabels.ca - Lovable Labels makes Regular and Slimline Sticker Labels, Iron-on Labels, Shoe Labels and Bag Tags. All of the labels are dishwasher, microwave, washer, dryer and u.v. safe. They come in bright and fun colours and won’t fade or peel off. The kids can choose from 25 fun icons that help even pre-readers identify their belongings. Great for parents of multiples to help children identify which items belong to them!
• www.mabel.ca - Mabel's Labels - custom-made, personalized name label stickers
• Memories Made - Canadian site - Capture your cherished childhood memories with a custom made ShadowBox, or with the perfect compliment to both, a beautiful ornament that preserves your babies' fingers and toes forever.
• www.mhcfurniture.com - Mother Hubbard’s Cupboards furniture is a Canadian, family-run company. MHC has unique, Canadian made, factory direct baby and children’s furniture and they offer parents of multiple-birth children a discount.
• www.mypacifier.ca - VIP & Personalized Pacifiers - Mypacifier only sells the highest quality pacifiers manufactured by the leading pacifier producers in the world. Great for identifying belongings and individual recognition of multiples. Offers Multiple Births Canada member discount
• www.parentingbynature.com - Canadian Site - Parenting By Nature - Natural family boutique specializing in products for babies & moms including baby carriers, cloth diapers, wooden toys, organic products,
pregnancy items, menstrual products, body & skin care, beeswax candles, gifts & more! Gift certificates, gift-wrapping & gift registry available.
• www.multiplepartysupplies.ca - A Perfect Party is everything you need for your party in a convenient Perfect Party Pack delivered straight to your door. Choose from an amazing selection of Party Packs for children, adults and special occasions. Build your Perfect Party Pack anyway you like! Offers Multiple Births Canada member discount.
• http://www.seraphinematernity.com/ - Seraphine Maternity - Stylish maternity clothes for pregnant woman.
• www.shutterfly.com - We make it easy to enhance, share and store your digital photos. We also make memory-keeping and gift-giving easy with personalized photo books, baby shower invitations & great photo gifts for any occasion.
• www.simplycolors.ca - Simply Colors - affordable (customizable!) baby and children's basics in 10 bright colours - discount for Multiple Births Canada members
• www.snuglbuds.com - Products to secure a low birth weight or special needs baby in a car seat, nursing bras, car seat information and more
• www.strollerdepot.com - The Stroller Superstore - You will find great double and triple strollers. We also have the greatest jogging strollers for multiples. Give us a call with any question!
• www.tjskids.com - TJ's the Kiddies Stores - Canadian site - great place to find twin and triplet strollers, breast pumps and much more!
• www.twinstuff.com - Twin Stuff - Everything multiples – books, reviews, shopping, auctions and more. Also associated with Twinstuff Outreach - a support resource for multiples and multiple birth families in US
• www.weepiggies.com - Wee Piggies & Paws specializes in capturing all those adorable wrinkles & dimples of your child's unique hand & footprints - one-of-kind, highly-detailed Lifecasts - mounted or professional framed to your specifications for you to cherish forever!
Twin and Multiples Events
• Multiple Births Canada Events - check our website regularly for new updates of coming and previous events
• Clothing Sales - Affilated organizations of Multiple Births Canada hold annual and bi annual clothing/equipment sales in their local community check this link for one near you.
• www.frugalshopper.ca - Frugal Shopper Canada! - run by a mom of twins - great database of Canadian coupons and free stuff - lot of ideas on how to save money in Canada
• www.mocobabies.com - Canadian site - Make signing easy. Place Mocobabies reminders around your house - flashcards, reminder sheets and more
• www.save.ca - Coupons! Choose the coupons you want - Canadian